Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing
EMDR is a mind-body exercise that accesses the emotional self, subconscious mind and nervous system to clear mental and emotional blocks.
I have found EMDR to be a revolutionary and transformative tool. Traditional talk therapy has its limits. Too much talk therapy can accidentally reinforce the narrative of what is wrong without giving the client a way forward, leaving the client feeling stuck.
EMDR moves well beyond traditional talk therapy to promote ‘letting go’ and enhances the ability to move forward and optimize performance. My specialty is Attachment Focused EMDR and I often combine it with hypnotherapy tools.
EMDR is Effective For:
Trauma, abuse, crisis
Negative self talk
Low self esteem
1. A quick, easy read: The Trauma Centre
2. Attachment focused EMDR: Parnell Institute
3. March 2020 HuffPost – A personal story: Huff Post
4. A long, scientific account of EMDR: Dr James Alexander
5. The official definition of EMDR: EMDR Institute